Your Boyfriend Never Meant Shit to Chuck D


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Wanda Jackson - Tunnel of Love/Funnel of Love

Here's a reverse cliche, a new snowclone, if you will: I don't love rockabilly, but I do love a great song. And there's a lot of personal taste, a mix of memories and emotions, and a whole laundry lists of intangibles that make up why someone loves a song, or thinks it's great. I want to dive into those gray areas and hear all about it. I don't want to resort to cannons, or dismissals or overly academic discussions of meter or key.

You might not like Wanda Jackson and might not have even heard of her. Apparently she has a new CD out called "I Remember Elvis" and if you want some Queen of Rockabilly hype, her website is gag-inducingly chock full of it. It would be easy to write this song off as movie soundtrack fonder or maybe something you heard on the Country Music Channel once, but for me there is something that sticks. Maybe I have a soft spot for those low, growly vocals, or maybe I can still hear this song the way I heard it first: in a low lit Airstream on the outskirts of Orange County. Maybe it's impossible to divorce your identity from music.

And I think I'm glad for that.

(Buy at Amazon)


4 Responses to “Your Boyfriend Never Meant Shit to Chuck D”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    This tune is actually titled "Funnel of Love". A hallmark of the girl singer rock-a-billy genre.

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Great work!
    [url=http://smmvagwk.com/dbur/thde.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://nmxzinhs.com/mfop/anjj.html]Cool site[/url]

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 
  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Great work!
    http://smmvagwk.com/dbur/thde.html | http://duopjzvq.com/apng/rson.html

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


CACOPHONY AND COFFEE

  • OR POP HISTORY
  • OF NONEVENTFUL YEARS:
  • AN MP3 WEBLOG

Previous posts

Archives

Links

Disclaimers

  • Songs posted here are only available for a limited time and are for evaluation purposes only. If you like the music, please show your support and buy the records.

  • Feel free to contact Jeff or Patrick if you are a band, label or distributor and think we'd be interested in your music.
  • If you are the copyright holder of a song being featured on this blog and want us to take it down, let us know, and it will be removed from the server immediately.


  • Site Feed